This lightweight extension allows you to put a simple captcha in your forms to prevent robots to send spam.
It is very simple yet highly customizable to fit your design needs, is cross-browser compatible and even supports old ones.
The validation process is done before the form is sent and in the natural order of each element. In case of wrong entries, messages are received in the same screen and you do not need to go back to reenter the correct values.
* Just a brief about some of the changes that were made lately...
* New in version 1.4.1
- Improved code for wb 12.5 and later with backward compatibility. - Fixed dummy fields issue in messages on specific configurations. - Minor code improvements.
* New in version 1.4
- Improved proprietary variation for better protection. - Protected scripts location for better performance and protection. - Improved form handling to prevent collisions with entry boxes names. - Classic question (visual) or silent modes (no visual).
* New in version 1.3.1
- Additional spam protection with an advanced proprietary "honeypot" technique variation. - Minor core tweaks.
* New in version 1.3
- IP 'blacklist' to block forms from specific addresses. - IP scan modes with optional cache disabling. - IP list can be disabled temporarily for testing purposes.
* New in version 1.2
- Improved security method to prevent automated spam ('send-mode' property under 'advanced' category). - The 'send-button' id property (under 'advanced' category) has been removed, now it is automatically detected. - Advanced multi-instance support on different forms in the same page or even within the same form. - Improved handling on form reset. - Improved appearance with more colors and borders customization. - Faster 'noise' generation. - Smaller HTML markup. - Code moved to external library.
* New in version 18.104.22.168
- Border 1px gap fix in the result entry box. - Improved backward focus control compatibility.
* New in version 1.1
- Added support for RWD. - The captcha can be placed anywhere in the form; this means that can be even within a layer contained in that form. - Improved backward and cross-browser "pixel-perfect" object sizes and alignments.
* New in version 22.214.171.124
- Improved code for better compatibility with [rz] Form Placeholder extension. - Improved unobtrusive onsubmit-form event (supports onsubmit user defined events).
How to use?
1. Design your form as you usually do. 2. Setup the form validation rules (if applies, it is up to you). 3. Drag and drop the extension (must be on top of the form's elements and within the form!). 4. For optimal results, be sure that it is on top of all of the form elements and before the send button. 5. Optionally, you can setup borders, color, fonts and styles, even a kind of "visual-noise". 6. Preview or publish (remember: to send messages, you need php!).
If you are also using the [rz] Form Placeholders extension, both extensions must be within the form in the following order:
1. the form itself 2. all of the entry objects and other form elements 4. the [rz] Form Placeholder extension 5. the [rz] Simple Captcha 6. the send button 7. optionally, the clear/reset form button
It is highly recommended to follow the abovementioned order for optimal results, even if you are not using the [rz] Form Placeholders extension.