A new completely redesigned approach that replaces its classic predecessor! This simple and lightweight yet versatile plug-in allows you to configure a smooth fade-in effect to your page that is shown once it is fully loaded (very useful for modern one-page sites). (This extension comes in two versions: "lite" and "standard")
Some features of the "lite" version:
- Fade and/or slide effects. - Advanced time control for readiness and effects. - Global and element/s related opacity levels for the "blank page". - Automatic or specific color and background settings for the "blank page". - Optional image to be shown while the page is being loaded (an animated .GIF is usually recommended). - Optional size values for the optional image (useful for better definition on iOS based devices). - Workaround for improved backward compatibility using fade/opacity. - Multi-instance for advanced visual effects. - Lightweight, without extra dependencies (no jQuery) and with maximum cross-browser and backward compatibility.
Some extra features of the "standard" version:
- Optional embedable object (almost anything you want that fits your design requirements, usually like a "Please wait..." message). - Optional and highly customizable "loading progress" bar. - Optional customizable "loading progress" in numeric/percentage format. - Optionally, the elements of the "blank page" can be timed and synchronized to fade-out before the final fade/slide effects. - Also unbeatable lightweight, cross-browser and backward support.
* Just a brief about some of the changes that were made lately...
* New in version 2.2
- Improved core for smoother behavior even on multi-page sites (better visual results when user navigates between pages). - The core has been moved to an external file for a faster navigation between pages. - Minor code tweaks.
* New in version 2.1
- Added more progress bar directions and customization options. - Fixed a sporadic gap in the progress bar height on older browsers. - Fixed a time bug with some inline-frames. - Customizable elements order ('advanced' category). - Improved startup.
How to use?
1.a. Design your site as you usually do. 1.b. Optionally, design the "Please wait..." object to embed (it is usually a layer; requires the standard version). 2. Drag and drop this extension (lite or standard version, according to your design needs). 3. Optionally, you can have an image (and/or an embedded object, a loading progress bar and percentage in the standard version). 4. Optionally, you can fine-tune the fade and time effects. 5. Preview or publish.
[rz] Smooth Page (DEPRECATED)
This simple and lightweight yet versatile plug-in allows you to configure a smooth fade-in effect to your page and show it once it is fully loaded (very useful for modern one-page sites).
- Fade-in factor. - Fade-in global delay. - Optionally shows an object until the page is fully loaded. - Fade-out factor for the optional object. - Fade-out global delay for the optional object.